Mar 14, 2015
from 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
|Where||Marquee outside the Department of Plant Sciences, Downing Street|
Department of Plant Sciences,SLCU, NIAB
|Add event to calendar||
We welcomed over 1500 visitors at the Department of Plant Sciences marquee on Saturday, 14 March, as part of the Cambridge Science Festival 2015.
Plant scientists from the Department of Plant Sciences, Sainsbury Laboratory and National Institute of Agricultural Botany enlightened and entertained the public of all ages with varied facets of plant science research, this year under the general theme of Light.
- Evolution and Development: "Lighting the way to a nectar reward"
- Molecular Physiology: "Supercharging photosynthesis to feed a growing global population"
- Epidemiology and Modelling: "Making light of plant disease"
- Plant Metabolism: “Algae make light work”
- Sainsbury Laboratory: “Illuminating what humans can’t see”
- Physiological Ecology, EnAlgae and BAS: "Antarctic Moss"
- National Institute of Agricultural Botany (NIAB): "Helps plants see the light.”
See some of the images from the day on the CambPlants Flickr