May 17, 2016
from 05:30 PM to 08:00 PM
|Where||Rothamsted Research - West Common, Harpenden AL5 2JQ, United Kingdom|
|Contact Name||Dr Erin O'Rourke|
|Add event to calendar||
Rothamsted Research invites you to ‘160 years of Park Grass’
The Park Grass Experiment studies the effects of fertilisers, organic manures and lime on continuous hay production.
Started in 1856, it is the oldest ecological experiment in existence and continues to show the impact of farming practices on grassland biodiversity.
Join us to learn about Park Grass:
- History, design and management
- Contribution to ecological and environmental change research
This event will be very popular, please reserve free tickets at: http://www.rothamsted.ac.uk/events/160-years-park-grass
- Doors of the Rothamsted Conference Centre open at 5.30pm.
- Introductory talk in the Auditorium from 6.00pm to 6.30pm.
- Walking tour of the Park Grass Experiment and exhibits from 6.30pm to 8.00pm. Please wear appropriate footwear.
Follow Rothamsted Research, and the event, on Twitter: @Rothamsted #160yrsofParkGrass