The Industry Club provides a forum for fundamental and applied research in plant sciences to be developed throughout the Cambridge region, between University Departments, Research Institutes and Industry. Participating organisations are encouraged to provide a designated Hub, who acts by forwarding information from each organisation, and by disseminating news of activities and information to their colleagues.
The Industry Club exists to strengthen and integrate pure and applied research in plant sciences in and around Cambridge.
The Industry Club has the following overarching aims:
- Facilitating training and career development for plant scientists
- Providing a technology pipeline for translating basic plant science into practice
- Raising the profile of plant sciences research & development
- Generating opportunities for plant sciences research in the region
- Identifying future priorities for plants as food, fuel and other products
We are co-ordinated by a Steering Committee who meet quarterly to co-ordinate activities.
- PROFESSOR HOWARD GRIFFITHS (Chair) - University of Cambridge, Department of Plant Sciences, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EA -hg230 at cam.ac.uk
- DR MARIANA FAZENDA - CambPlants Hub, University of Cambridge, Department Of Plant Sciences, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EA -ml745 at cam.ac.uk
- DR LYDIA SMITH - NIAB Innovation Farm, Huntingdon Road, Cambridge CB3 0LE -lydia.smith at niab.com
- GILLIAN COVEY - KWS-UK Ltd, 56 Church Street, Thriplow, Royston SG8 7RE - gillian.covey at kws-uk.com
- SUSIE DAVENPORT, GR&D - susie_davenport at bat.com
- JAMES CLARKE - ADAS, Boxworth CB23 4NN - James.Clarke at adas.co.uk
- PROF JONATHAN NAPIER - Rothamsted Research, Harpenden AL5 2JQ
-johnathan.napier at bbsrc.ac.uk
- DR PENNY MAPLESTONE - BSPB, BSPB House, 114 Lancaster Way Business Park, ELY, CB6 3NX
- Penny.Maplestone at bspb.co.uk